The youth nature club takes place once a month (except in July and August), on a Wednesday afternoon from 14:30 until 16:30. Various organisations (Society for the Preservation of Nature, Holterberg Nature Diorama, Hellendoorn Observatory, IVN Hellendoorn-Nijverdal and the Dutch Forest Management Agency) all take it in turns to organise an afternoon. The Hellendoorn Observatory shows you lot of interesting things about the universe. Nature guides from IVN take you into the wonderful world of birds, and how about an exciting treasure hunt at the Nature Diorama in Holten! The forest rangers from the Society for the Preservation of Nature and the Dutch Forest Management Agency take you into to the woods for a closer look and the CNME supports the organisations in word and deed. The Sallandse Heuvelrug National Park helps with the organisation and finances.
13 November 2019: Trees (the Society for the Preservation of Nature)
Trees come in all types, sizes, heights and thicknesses. But how can you recognise a tree? What is the function of a tree? We will use this afternoon to feel, smell and investigate trees. We will look for the leaves and the seeds/nuts that have fallen on the ground. Afterwards, we there is a nice indoor activity.
We have space for 20 children. Full = full! Please let us know if your child can no longer attend, so we can surprise someone on the waiting list. Due to the organisation of the activity, registration closes after Sunday 10 November 2019.
Please register your child via e-mail with Marian Torenbeek: email@example.com.
Good to know
• Check this page in advance, in case of any changes to the programme, and for a more detailed description.
• Register in advance for the next activity via e-mail.
• Costs for taking part are €3.50, please pay on arrival.
• You can buy a pass for €25 for 10 activities, making each visit only €2.50.
• Wear suitable clothing for playing and getting dirty,
• and wear wellies or sturdy, waterproof shoes.
• Don’t forget wet weather gear if rain is forecast.
• The guides will provide drinks and a snack during the break.
Youth Nature Club address
The activities take place at various locations.
Sallandse Heuvelrug Outdoor Centre
7441 GS Nijverdal
For more information firstname.lastname@example.org.